Who Can Join
MCU serves a large number of employee groups. Becoming a member is as easy as opening up a high dividend earning share account with as little as $5.00.
You can Join MCU if you are:
- An employee of the City of New York
- An employee of a hospital, nursing home, health facility, or their affiliates located in New York State
- A Federal employee who works in the five boroughs
- A State employee who works in the five boroughs
- An employee working for agencies operating within the City of New York metropolitan area and which are at least in part funded by the City of New York or the State of New York
- A retiree receiving a pension or annuity from one of the organizations that qualify for membership in MCU
- An employee of an insurance company that offers health related insurance in the State of New York
- An employee of companies that produce and/or supply hospitals in the State of New York with medical and other types of healthcare products
- An employee of the City of Yonkers or Mount Vernon
- An employee of a private college located in the City of New York.
- An employee of a private or public college in the counties of Nassau, Suffolk or Westchester
- An employee of the Archdiocese of New York or Brooklyn
- A member of certain private employers or industry groups.
- An immediate family member (spouse, parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, sibling, stepsibling, grandchild, grandparent or great grandparent) of a member or individual who is directly eligible for membership
- A person living in the same household as an MCU member, or a person living in the same household as a person directly eligible for membership in MCU. ("Household" means living in the same residence and maintaining a single economic unit.)
Joining MCU is Easy!
- Apply for Membership Online
- Apply for Membership in Person - Visit one of our branches during normal business hours and bring the following:
- Apply by Phone - Call 1-866-JOIN-MCU.
a) proof of identity (a clear copy of an unexpired Government issued ID)
b) proof of eligibility (current job ID or pay stub)
c) proof of address bearing your name, such as a utility bill or credit card statement (dated within the last 30 days.)*
*Required if your identification does not display your current address.