Here's How Secured Credit Works.
New to credit building? A secured credit card allows you to select and fund your own credit limit, from $300 up to $5,000. The funds will be deposited into a special dividend-earning 18-month Secured VISA® Share Certificate account, which will serve as your credit line collateral.
A Card Built With Your Credit Needs In Mind.
The MCU Secured VISA® is designed to help members starting or improving their credit journey with favorable terms* and the freedom to determine your credit limit with a secured collateral account.
Build Credit on Your Terms
With the secured collateral and your selected credit limit, you set the terms of this card and build towards your future along the way.
No Annual Fee
We don’t charge you an annual fee for your MCU Secured VISA®—instead, you can put that money towards building your credit.
No Penalty Rate Pricing
This card is meant to help you, not penalize you. MCU is looking out for your financial future and is here to help with this secure card.
What is EMV Chip Technology?
EMV (chip card) technology is the most recent advancement in a global effort to combat fraud and protect sensitive payment and cardholder data. This technology includes an embedded microprocessor chip to store and protect cardholder data with increased security technology to reduce card fraud.
Enjoy More Peace of Mind With VISA® Purchase Alerts.
Get a free text or email whenever you pay with your VISA® card. This can help you immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity. You choose the terms and frequency.
- Features & Benefits
- How To Enable Alerts
- This is an additional service offered to MCU members by VISA® Purchase Alerts.
- Get a text or email whenever you pay† with your VISA® card. This can help you immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity.
- Choose the notification triggers that match your needs. You’ll get real time† text or email alerts based on your selected criteria.
- VISA® Purchase Alerts are free. However, some cell phone carriers may charge a fee to send or receive a text message. Message and data rates may apply. Please check your mobile plan or contact your mobile carrier for further information.
- Check your card eligibility.
- Create an account to register your mobile device and email. You will need to create a new, unique Username and Password for this service. This will create a new account with VISA® Purchase Alerts.
- Choose the notification triggers that match your needs, such as transactions exceeding a set amount.
- If you experience problems creating a new account, contact VISA® Purchase Alerts Customer Service at VisaPurchaseAlertsHelp@visa.com.
Make the Most of Your MCU Membership.
Membership in our community is about more than just banking. As an MCU member, you can access valuable information and resources to help you plan and reach your financial goals.