An Update Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 12, 2020
We here at Municipal Credit Union (MCU) value the health and safety of our members and employees. We wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that we are closely monitoring the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in New York City. In an attempt to help mitigate the spread of the illness, MCU is implementing the following at our branches and offices:
- • All tellers are being supplied with disposable sanitary gloves in all branch locations.
- • We are attempting to place Hand Sanitizers in all branch locations.
- • We are increasing the scheduled cleanings of our branches.
- • We are communicating information to our employees to try and help them stay healthy or stay home if they are not feeling well.
- • We will be attempting to limit physical contact with each other and our members as much as possible. Our typical greeting with a handshake will not be extended until the virus is under control, and the official recommendations are updated.
Here are some helpful tips to manage your finances during this time:
- • You can securely manage your finances 24/7 via MCU’s Online and Mobile Banking app without having to visit a branch. You can view your account balances and history including recent debit card transactions and electronic deposits, like your paycheck. You can also pay bills via MCU’s BillPay, transfer funds between accounts, to other members and other financial institutions, deposit checks using the Mobile Deposit feature within Mobile Banking or apply for a loan.
- • Take advantage of MCU’s ATM network and the over 30,000 Co-op Network ATMs nationwide.
- • If you are unable to visit a branch or ATM, your MCU debit card can be used directly at any location that accepts Visa. Where available, you can request cash back on the spot.
• Many of our members are choosing to use Digital Banking and our eBranch (Call Center) in place of coming into the branch. Please be aware that our hold times may be slightly longer due to the increased volume.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene have also released some helpful information related to the virus.
Here are some tips to stay healthy:
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene recommends that you take the same everyday precautions for the Coronavirus that you would take during cold and flu season:
- • Get your flu shot – it’s not too late. Although it will not protect you from COVID-19, it will help prevent the flu which has similar symptoms to this Coronavirus.
- • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing – do not use your hands.
- • Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- • Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- • Stay home when you are sick.
For your reference, here are links you can visit for more information:
MCU will take all necessary steps to continue to serve your needs through this time.
Thank you for being a valued member of Municipal Credit Union.