MCU Platinum VISA®
Don’t Just Settle for Gold.
The MCU Platinum VISA® offers members with an established financial history a reliable credit option with low interest rates and no hidden fees.
A Card Designed With Your Credit Needs In Mind.
The MCU Platinum VISA® provides qualified members with the credit they need to meet their goals—with low interest rates, no annual fee, no balance transfer fee, and no penalty fee.
Rates As Low As 1.99% APR*
Enjoy a low introductory APR for new cardholders for the first 12 months (based on creditworthiness) to help members like you meet your financial goals.
No Annual Fee
MCU prioritizes member success over profit, which is why we don’t charge annual fees. Instead, members can put that money towards their financial futures.
No Balance Transfer Fee
MCU is here to help you, every step of the way, on your financial journey towards success. Transfer balances with no fees with the MCU Platinum VISA®.
No Penalty Rate Pricing
Our credit cards are meant to catalyze your financial success, not penalize you. That’s why we don’t hit you with higher interest rates when life gets difficult.
What is EMV Chip Technology?
EMV (chip card) technology is the most recent advancement in a global effort to combat fraud and protect sensitive payment and cardholder data. This technology includes an embedded microprocessor chip to store and protect cardholder data with increased security technology to reduce card fraud.
Enjoy More Peace of Mind With VISA® Purchase Alerts
Get a free text or email whenever you pay with your VISA® card. This can help you immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity. You choose the terms and frequency.
- Features & Benefits
- How To Enable Alerts
- This is an additional service offered to MCU members by VISA® Purchase Alerts.
- VISA® Purchase Alerts are free. However, some mobile carriers may charge a fee to send or receive a text message. Message and data rates may apply. Please check your mobile plan or contact your mobile carrier for further information.
- Get a text or email whenever you pay† with your VISA® card. This can help you immediately identify potentially fraudulent activity.
- Choose the notification triggers that match your needs. You’ll get real time† text or email alerts based on your selected criteria.
- Check your card eligibility.
- Create an account to register your mobile device and email. You will need to create a new, unique Username and Password for this service. This will create a new account with VISA® Purchase Alerts. OR, you can sign up for VISA® Purchase Alerts using NYMCU Digital Banking.
- Choose the notification triggers that match your needs, such as transactions exceeding a set amount.
- If you experience problems creating a new account, contact VISA® Purchase Alerts Customer Service at VisaPurchaseAlertsHelp@visa.com
†View the VISA® Purchase Alerts FAQ for more information.
Make the Most of Your MCU Membership.
Membership in our community is about more than just banking. As an MCU member, you can access valuable information and resources to help you plan and reach your financial goals.
When Should You Take Social Security?
How To “Trick” Yourself Into Saving More
How Much Should You Save For Retirement?
Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
What happens if I lose my MCU VISA® credit card?
Can I be alerted when a purchase is being made?
Do I need to have established credit in order to get an MCU VISA® credit card?
*1.99% Introductory Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for new cardholders on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months based on your creditworthiness. After that, the APR will be, depending on your creditworthiness at account opening, 14.65%, 16.15%, or 17.65% (Prime Rate + 6.90%, 8.40%, or 9.90%). The APR may vary. For more details, see our Rates page.
View the MCU Platinum Visa® Cardholder Agreement and Related Disclosures for more information.